Stirchley, Telford, St James
3 bells, tenor 3-3-10 in D Anti-clockwise TF3 1DY SJ 700067
The building was vested in the Churches Conservation Trust in 2006
The Treble was cast in 1410 by John de Colsale, (perhaps Cossall, near Nottingham); the second by Thomas Clibury II of Wellington in 1664; and the Tenor by Henry Oldfield II of Nottingham in 1594. The bells all retain their canons and were rehung in 2007 with new fittings in the wooden frame. The bells are rung from a gallery which is open to the nave.
The nave is full of 18th century box pews and the chancel arch is of interest.
There is limited parking outside the church gate, in a lane marked 'Stirchley Spiritualist Church.'
The Tenor bell
The second bell
Cast by Henry Oldfield II of Nottingham in 1594
Cast by Thomas Clibury of Wellington in 1664
The Treble inscription band
Detail from the inscription band of the Tenor
Detail from the inscription band of the second bell
Detail from the inscription band of the Treble